A Stag Party in Shoreditch, London!
Stu: “Why do you think we can’t remember anything from last night?” Phil: “Because obviously, we had a great fucking time!” The Hangover.
Yep, he did it. Your best mate took the plunge and asked his partner to marry him and now the wedding plans are well underway! Whilst announcing this new news to you, he asks you to be his Best Man. You are bowled over with emotion that you will be there for him and you both feel proud and loved after sharing so much history together.
Rite of passage
Within a nano-second of this bromance moment, the conversation quickly turns to what your time together has been really leading up to – The Stag Party. Not that the wedding isn’t important, but this is a rite of passage for him. For you. For mankind.
The Stag Party
But whilst the wedding party are still going over the details of the proposal, it’s been less than 24 hours since the groom made his announcement and already there is an established ‘Stag’ WhatsApp group with over 200 messages and the Stag Party is the only topic of conversation.
Where to go?
So here you all are, on the brink of a brilliant weekend with your best mates. But where do you go? What to do when you get there? And where do you stay? Some planning is key to a great Stag-Party so ask yourself the following:
- Do you want to stay somewhere that is walking distance from some of London’s best bars, clubs and cafes?
- Do you want accommodation in central London that is close to London buses/trains/tubes/City Airport?
- Somewhere that is away from the usual tourist traps that will give you all a night/week/weekend to remember?
The Dictionary Hostel in Shoreditch is your answer! Hostels have changed so much over the years and here at The Dictionary we can offer you and your party:
- Private double rooms as well as large or small dorms that are Perfect for large or small groups!
- Most rooms have ensuite facilities
- Free WiFi
- Breakfast included in the price.
- Great staff who are available 24/7
- Adjoining coffee shop, Claudia Cafe, for those didn’t quite make it in time for breakfast!
- A terrace roof
- A refurbished bar next door to welcome the ‘Stags’.
- Walking distance from London buses, trains and the underground.
- We are even a UBER ride away from City Airport!
- EVERYTHING you need on our doorstep for a proper night out including whiskey tasting bars, craft beer workshops, alternative days out and some of London’s best bars, clubs and cafes to suit anyone and everyone!
What your Stag Party could look like?
Okay – so you’d like to choose Shoreditch and the Dictionary hostel for your Stag Party, but what could your night/weekend/week look like? Below is a taster when you party with us, East End style.
- Meet stags at the TUK TUK bar next to the Dictionary Hostel for some pre-pre beers.
- Check into the Dictionary Hostel at 2pm
- Now that everyone has arrived it’s time to get the party started and head out into Shoreditch.
- Take the stags for a professional wet shave at Baba Barbers two doors down from us or Jack the Clipper, Brick Lane
- Need an activity? How about trapping your stag in an Escape Room? Maybe book your group at Swingers in the City and test your crazy golf skills in style or how about a game of darts at Flight Club?
- Time to get some food! Check out Blues Kitchen Bar and Grill, Queen of Hoxton or, if you fancy a splurge, try Smokestak and get your meat on.
Into the night
Now that the stags are in full swing, it’s time to sample Shoreditch’s nightlife! The list below is only a small sample of what is available so please ask our staff if you need any help or advice.
- Start the night at Bar Kick and watch live sports, grab some food and play table football with the Stags. For those who love whiskey, book a tasting table at Black Rock or head to the Mikkeller bar if you and the Stag’s have a love of beer!
- You can also check out Light House or Old Street Records for live music. The Blues Kitchen certainly know how to keep the party going as do the Strong Rooms!
- For clubs there are plenty. Check out Cargo, XOYO or Concrete (all a few minutes walk from us), and many more!
*** We strongly advise that you contact any bar, club or restaurant at least 48 hours BEFORE you arrive and let them know to expect you. Some places may not accept large groups of males who just ‘turn-up’ announced. Plus it’s a good opportunity to ask if there any discounts for large groups!
The night after the day before!
- WAKE UP!
- Breakfast at The Dictionary from 8am! Or try coffee and pastries at our adjoining coffee shop Claudia’s Cafe. If you are need of a bigger meal to start the day then check out the Breakfast club in Hoxton or Spitalfields market.
- Check-out at 10am and leave your bags safely with us.
- Explore Sunday markets Eastend style! Columbia Road, Brick Lane and Spitalfields Market are all within walking distance from us. All markets are full of cool finds, great bars, cafes and, of course, amazing street art and a relaxed vibe.
- 1pm – head to JuJu’s Bar and stage on Brick Lane and soak up some great tunes.
- 4pm – Grab your bags from the hostel
- 4.30pm – time to say farewell and see you at the wedding!
- Grab tube/train/bus all within walking distance from The Dictionary Hostel.
- 6pm – collapse!