Arranging a Hen-Do? Reasons why you should go East …
Your best mate has just been proposed too and the wedding of the year is starting to unfold with promises of bridal parties, wine tasting, and old friends. And then your dearest friend asks you to be her Maid of Honour. Of course, you accept with a tear in your eye, you guys have been through so much together, and now you get to stand beside her whilst she declares her wedding vows.
You both dry your eyes, look whimsically through old photos of you both before HE came along, and then it hits you. You are now totally responsible for the perfect execution of The Hen Do.
What doesn’t kill you WILL make you stronger
No pressure Head Hen, but expectations and emotions will be running high over the next few months, and dammit you know you are going to send off your best girl in style even if it kills you!! She deserves a weekend/day/night to remember – heck you all do.
If you are not on the list …
Next thing you know, the bride-to-be gives you a list of 53 females all from different areas of her life including wayward cousins, outrageous aunts, her boss, mum and step mum (fingers crossed they like each other), school & Uni mates. And they are all looking to YOU for a proper night out.
Help is at hand!
So where to go, what to do and where to stay?!! Well we are the experts in partying and practically professionals on where best to go in Shoreditch, so ask yourself:
- Do you want a Central London location close to bus/train/tube and airport?
- Stumbling distance from some of London’s best bars, clubs, restaurants and shopping?
- Somewhere a bit different that will give her a night to remember?
Hostels have had a makeover!
If you answered yes! to any of the above then Shoreditch and The Dictionary Hostel is the answer you are looking for! Yes we are hostel (and a fine one at that), but wait, do you know how much Hostels have changed over the years? At The Dictionary we can provide:
- An entire block for you and your friends to use exclusively! This includes one double private room and three dormitories so you and your mates can party to heart’s content whilst getting ready for your big night out!
- Breakfast, WiFi and friendly staff all included in the price.
- A refurbished bar next door to welcome the bride and hens.
- An adjoining coffee Bar, Claudia’s Cafe.
- Walking distance from London buses, trains and the underground. We are even a UBER ride away from City Airport!
- EVERYTHING you need on our doorstep for a proper night out including nail-bars, beauty parlors, alternative days out and some of London’s best bars, clubs, restaurants and cafes to suit anyone and everyone!
So what could your Hen night look like?
Well, Shoreditch is constantly buzzing that you will be spoilt for choice, but here is a sneak look at what an amazing Hen Do look like:
- Arrive! Someone is always running late so why not meet your party at the Tuk-Tuk bar next door to the Dictionary Hostel?
- Check-in at 2pm at the Dictionary Hostel and head to your dorm/room. Music on, complimentary bottle of wine opened and catch up with the other hens.
- Now everyone has arrived it’s time for some afternoon pampering!
- Head to Cowshed Spa if you want to splurge or maybe the bride would love a vintage hairstyle and makeup session at the Painted lady?
- Or if that doesn’t appeal to the bride, how about heading to Ballie Ballerson to drink cocktails in their adult ball-pit (yes that’s right, a ball pit) or maybe learn some circus skills for a day at The National Centre for Circus Acts?
- Head back to the Dictionary and get ready for your night out in Shoreditch! We have a selfie wall, mirrors, shower cubicles etc for everyone to get their vibe on and get ready!
And into the night ……..
- Stepping out-in-style, the hen’s are getting hungry so head to Brat for a speakeasy-style bar and restaurant or The Blues Kitchen
- Surely a hen-do isn’t complete without cocktails? Take your party to Callooh Callay or Tonight Josephine!
- Or maybe the bride would prefer the Mayor of Scaredy Cat Town (A speakeasy located behind a fridge) or head to the infamous Queen of Hoxton and their forever changing roof terrace bar!
- You are all having a blast and now its time for clubbing! Check out Cargo, XOYO, Queen of Hoxton and Concrete!
Time to go home?
- It’s somewhere between 3-6am and the Hen’s are either lost or hungry. Goto Brick Lane and the famous 24 hour Beigel Bake stores.
- Head back to the hostel. There is no curfew at the hostel and staff will be there to greet you.
- Fall into a comfy bed!
Easy Sunday morning ……
- WAKE UP!
- Breakfast at The Dictionary from 8am! Or try coffee and pastries at our adjoining coffee shop, Claudia’s Cafe.
- Check-out at 10am and leave your bags safely with us.
- Explore Sunday markets Eastend style! Columbia Road, Brick Lane and Spitalfields Market are all within walking distance from us so grab a bargain, go-vintage, soak up the atmosphere and down a bloody-mary.
- 1pm – Lunch at JuJu’s Bar and stage on Brick Lane to re-live the night before!
- 4pm – Grab your bags from the hostel
- 4.30pm – time to say goodbye and see you at the wedding!
- Grab tube/train/bus all within walking distance from The Dictionary Hostel.
- 6pm – collapse!
- 6.01 – Instagram.
*** This is only a brief glimpse of what a Hen Party would like in Shoreditch and we can recommend and suggest other activities, bars, clubs etc. We can also decorate the room for the bride-2-b if you want to drop off any decorations prior to your arrival. We are happy to help in anyway!